GSH Corporation Limited’s crown jewel, the Sutera Harbour Resort is a 5-star Resort featuring two majestic hotels – the city-style The Pacific Sutera Hotel and the resort-style The Magellan Sutera Resort. Located a mere 5 minutes away from the city Centre, Kota Kinabalu, 10 minutes from Kota Kinabalu International Airport and 15-minute boat ride to the tropical island of Tunku Abdul Rahman Marine Park. The Resort offers superb accommodation, superlative services and an array of indoor and outdoor activities
As one of the leading hotels in Sabah, East Malaysia, Sutera Harbour Resort is providing a reassuring hand to travellers with added safety and precautionary measures on the Coronavirus outbreak in Wuhan, China. The Resort is confident with the emergency and crisis attentiveness of the Malaysia Government, that Sabah, Malaysia is safe for tourists and an ideal destination for nature and seafood lovers.
The World Health Organization (WHO) has continually reiterated that it is not recommending any restriction on international travel. Nevertheless, Sutera Harbour Resort has put in place a comprehensive range of precautionary measures at each of its property to further protect and assure the health and safety of its guests and employees.
Enhanced safety and precautionary measures
1. A check point is set up at each hotel lobby, The Magellan Sutera Resort and The Pacific Sutera Hotel. Guests are expected to go through a temperature check upon arriving at the hotels prior to check-in or patronizing the restaurants and recreational facilities. Those with high fever or other symptoms may undergo additional screening. When checking in, all hotel guests are also asked to fill out a questionnaire enquiring about prior China travel.
2. The Resort is fully prepared with sanitizing facilities for both guests and employees. Scheduled cleaning of all contact and touch points as well as isolation procedures for any suspected cases. Emergency and extraordinary preparedness are part and parcel of hotel standard operating procedures (SOP).
3. Our public areas, rooms, restaurants, hotel linens, dining crockeries, cutleries etc. go through stringent sanitation for the convenience of our guests. Safety measures include: installation of additional hand washing and hand sanitizing stations in public areas of the hotels and in common areas frequented by guests and employees.
4. Notices in public areas are in placed to inform guests about the situation and protective measures they can take.
5. Any guest with an abnormal body temperature will be advised to seek treatment at our local government hospital Queen Elizabeth Hospital Kota Kinabalu, Sabah.
6. The same procedure applies to employees of Sutera Harbour Resort. All employees are reminded to practice strict hygiene habits at all times.
7. Training in transmission prevention are deployed, which incorporates guidelines from the World Health Organization (WHO).
We are pleased to share the link of World Health Organization – Advice for Public for your kind reference. https://www.who.int/emergencies/diseases/novel-coronavirus-2019/advice-for-public
The hotel will continue to remain vigilant and stay in close contact with local health authorities on the latest developments.
For more information about Sutera Harbour Resort, please visit www.suteraharbour.com